Every human has a right of independence. And it is also a very important value that some people often lack. But this obviously shouldn't be the case. Such an important habit should be instigated in everyone from childhood. And if you have noticed the children carefully, you would have seen that they try to become independent even when they're just a few months old. You will see a child trying to pick things on their own or holding the spoon. All these prove that independence is actually embedded in human behavior itself. What as a parent you should do is, nurture it further so that your child can benefit from it in the long run!
Tips to inculcate the value of independence in your small kids.
The early days are when the child is ready to embrace all the good or bad habits that you teach them. Need some help to teach your child the value of independence. We are happy to help!
- Continue guiding them about this value — Children are very good listeners. They tend to record mentally everything you tell them. Yes, they might not act immediately, but it happens eventually. So, when you are trying to make your kid independent, try to instruct the child every now and then how a certain work can be done by themselves as well. Soon, you will see that the kid is acting upon your words and actually being independent in carrying out most of the tasks on her/his own.
- Be independent — Children do imitate what the parents do. You always adapt to society by following the leads. So, when you want your child to be independent, it is no use to call out to others for your work. And if you are in a habit of doing so, you have to change now. Try to do your work on your own at least in front of the child so that the kid accepts it as a universal value.
- Assign the child chores — You don't have to actually give long and lengthy duties to the child. But at least one or two small chores were given to the kid per day to keep them in the habit to do some work regularly. This helps them a lot eventually.
- Form a schedule — Forming a routine keeps the child in the know-how of the series of activities on any given day. So, when it is time, the kid automatically starts preparing for that activity. Eventually, you will see that the kid would follow the entire routine on his or her own (even when you are not in the picture).
- Enrol in a nice daycare —If you are enrolling your child in a nice daycare in Auckland like Bambinos, the kid automatically learns to be independent. Because this institution has the best staff who cares for your child just like you do and even helps in instigating the right values in the child.
Now you see the struggle to inculcate the right habit of independence in your preschooler isn’t that difficult after all. Best of luck and hope to see you upbringing an independent and strong human being