Do you know that the State has doubts about the safety of microwave ovens? Yes, these machines which heat your food in seconds and make your meals without fire are still not very safe for you. It’s because lots of accidents and mishaps have been recorded around these ovens due to improper handling and other problems. We are sure you don’t want such a thing to happen with anyone in your family or yourself. So, stay safest around these ovens as much as you can.
How to ensure maximum safety around the microwave oven?
Whether it’s your old oven or you’ve recently invested in a new appliance, you have to follow the safety criteria to ensure it doesn’t trouble you.
- Check the electrical connections properly before installing the oven in the kitchen — The microwave oven requires a very high voltage of power to work properly. Is your kitchen upgraded to that level? If you don’t have the sockets to bear this much power and provide the connection to the microwave oven, obviously, you will face problems and there might be frequent circuit tripping issues. That is why before installing the microwave, check the electrical Nelson area’s Hertz Electrical can carry out the task of installing a new electrical connection in your home swiftly, run an inspection of the circuit for you, and also immediately arrive at the spot during an emergency.
- Read and follow the user’s manual properly — All your microwave ovens come with a user's manual. Following the instructions ensure that you are not harming yourself due to manhandling the appliance. Remember, there is very high radiation and extreme heat around when you use a microwave oven. If you are not careful, the damage will be really vast.
- Use only microwave-safe containers — Another very important thing to remember while using the microwave oven is getting only the containers made especially for this appliance. If you are using steel or aluminum or other plastic materials in this, there are very high chances of sparks that may even lead to a fire. For the same reason, usage of aluminum foil is a big no-no when you are dealing with a microwave oven.
- Avoid superheated water — Superheated water basically means the water that is heated beyond the boiling temperature, and you won't see any bubbles or signs indicating that it is heated. That is the biggest drawback of using a microwave oven. Experts are against you heating water in this oven because the rays in it make the water really harmful for intake. Even burning and spilling can be very common because you are not aware of the magnitude of heat.
- Using when the door is open — Another important safety precaution that you have to take while using this appliance is to never start it if it’s not closed properly. This can bring the radiation out of the machine which is in itself very harmful and can even lead to fire in the house.
Normally a deftly working microwave oven hardly gives you any trouble. On your part, you should handle the gadget with care and maintain it without fail.